Standard: 1974 BULLETIN
UL STANDARD FOR SAFETY EVALUATION FOR REPURPOSING BATTERIES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard covers the sorting and grading process of battery packs, modules and cells that were originally configured and used for other purposes, such as electric vehicle propulsion, and that are intended for a repurposed use application, such as for use in stationary energy storage and other applications. The process of sorting and grading these devices is essentially determining the state of health and other parameters to identify continued viability and the rating mechanisms the manufacturer may use for those that are determined suitable for continued use.
This standard also covers application specific requirements for battery packs utilizing repurposed batteries and components.
|Document Number:||1974 bulletin|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|