CENELEC - EN 62974-1
Monitoring and measuring systems used for data collection, gathering and analysis - Part 1: Device requirements
|Publication Date:||1 July 2017|
|ICS Code (Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities):||17.220.20|
This part of IEC 62974 specifies product and performance requirements for devices that fall under the heading of "monitoring and measuring systems used for data collection, gathering and analysis", for industrial, commercial and similar use rated below or equal to 1 kV AC and 1,5 kV DC.
These devices are fixed and are intended to be used indoors as panel-mounted devices, or as modular devices fixed on a DIN rail, or as housing devices fixed on a DIN rail, or as devices fixed by other means inside a cabinet.
These devices are used to upload or download information (energy measured on loads, power metering and monitoring data, temperature information…), mainly for energy efficiency purposes. These devices are known as energy servers, energy data loggers, data gateways and I/O data concentrators.
NOTE These systems are embedded or can be connected to a software application capable of consolidating data and delivering automatic analysis. Automatic analysis can include calculation of energy baselines or energy performance indicators as requested for the energy management system required by ISO 50001, or can be used during energy audits as defined in ISO 50002, or can be used for monitoring an installation complying with IEC 60364-8-1. These devices can also be used for certification according to labels such as LEED, BREEAM , HQE, etc.
This standard does not cover:
• devices used only in the consumer market (living quarters) or household;
• devices used in the smart metering infrastructure (e.g. smart meters);
• devices used in the smart grid infrastructure;
• devices used as IT servers in the information technology business;
• power metering and monitoring devices: PMD with additional functions (e.g. energy data logger function);
• I/O data concentrators already covered by a specific product standard;
• communication protocols and interoperability;
• power quality instruments (PQI);
• software used for the data collection and analysis of the power quality for the supply side.