Standard: HHS - 21 CFR PART 155
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
For the purposes of this part:
(a) The procedure for determining drained weight is set forth in the ‘‘Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists,’’ 13th Ed. (1980), sections 32.001– 32.003, which is incorporated by reference. Copies are available from the AOAC INTERNATIONAL, 481 North Frederick Ave., suite 500, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, or available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202–741–6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html
(b) Compliance means the following: Unless otherwise provided in a standard, a lot of canned vegetables shall be deemed in compliance for the following factors, to be determined by the sampling and acceptance procedure as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, namely:
(1) Quality. The quality of a lot shall be considered acceptable when the number of defectives does not exceed the acceptance number (c) in the sampling plans.
(2) Fill of container. A lot shall be deemed to be in compliance for fill of container (packing medium and vegetable ingredient) when the number of defectives does not exceed the acceptance number (c) in the sampling plans.
(3) Drained weight. A lot shall be deemed to be in compliance for drained weight based on the average value of all samples analyzed according to the sampling plans.
|Organization:||Food and Drug Administration (Medical Products Quality Assurance)|
|Document Number:||21 cfr part 155|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|21 CFR PART 155||Change Type: COMPLETE REVISION||Update Date: 2014-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|21 CFR PART 155||Change Type: COMPLETE REVISION||Update Date: 2015-04-01||Status: ACTV|
|21 CFR PART 155||Change Type: COMPLETE REVISION||Update Date: 2016-04-01||Status: ACTV|