DODD 1400.25 VOL 3007
DOD CIVILIAN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: CYBER EXCEPTED SERVICE (CES) OCCUPATIONAL STRUCTURE
|Publication Date:||15 August 2017|
Purpose: This instruction is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02:
• This instruction establishes and implements policy, establishes procedures, provides guidelines and model programs, delegates authority, and assigns responsibilities regarding civilian personnel management within the DoD.
• This volume:
o Is part of the 3000 Volume series of this instruction. In accordance with the authority in DoDDs 1400.25, 5124.02, 5144.02, and 8140.01, the 3000 Volumes establish policy, assign responsibilities, and provide guidance for the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) and are referred to as "the CES Volumes."
o Pursuant to section 1599f of Title 10, United States Code (U.S.C.), establishes the policies, responsibilities, procedures, and delegations for the design and administration of the CES occupational structure and supports the application of the occupational structure to individual positions covered by CES.
a. This issuance applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD that employ individuals under the CES, referred to collectively in this issuance as the "DoD Components."
b. This issuance does not apply to:
(1) Employees covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System or the Federal Wage System, or equivalent; non-appropriated fund employees; and foreign national employees employed under authority other than the CES.
(2) Employees in CES-designated cyber positions who declined the voluntary opportunity to convert to the CES.
(3) Employees in cyber positions that are not CES-designated.
(4) Employees in Senior Executive Service, senior level, scientific and professional, and equivalent positions, unless specifically addressed in the CES volumes of this instruction.