CEI EN 62351-11
Power systems management and associated information exchange - Data and communications security Part 11: Security for XML files
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
|ICS Code (Telecontrol. Telemetering):||33.200|
This part of IEC 62351 specifies schema, procedures, and algorithms for securing XML documents that are used within the scope of the IEC as well as documents in other domains (e.g. IEEE, proprietary, etc.). This part is intended to be referenced by standards if secure exchanges are required, unless there is an agreement between parties in order to use other recognized secure exchange mechanisms.
This part of IEC 62351 utilizes well-known W3C standards for XML document security and provides profiling of these standards and additional extensions. The IEC 62351-11 extensions provide the capability to provide:
• Header: the header contains information relevant to the creation of the secured document such as the Date and Time when IEC 62351-11 was created.
• A choice of encapsulating the original XML document in an encrypted (Encrypted) or nonencrypted (nonEncrypted) format. If encryption is chosen, there is a mechanism provided to express the information required to actually perform encryption in an interoperable manner (EncryptionInfo).
• AccessControl: a mechanism to express access control information regarding information contained in the original XML document.
• Body: is used to contain the original XML document that is being encapsulated.
• Signature: a signature that can be used for the purposes of authentication and tamper detection.
For the measures described in this document to take effect, they must be accepted and referenced by the specifications themselves. This document is written to enable that process.
The subsequent audience for this part of IEC 62351 is intended to be the developers of products that implement these specifications.
Portions of this part of IEC 62351 may also be of use to managers and executives in order to understand the purpose and requirements of the work.