Standard: 1204 BULLETIN
OUTLINE OF INVESTIGATION FOR PARTS CLEANERS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
These requirements cover parts cleaners used for cleaning or removing grease and similar substances from the item contaminated. 1.2 These requirements cover electrically operated parts cleaners rated up to 600 V, or manual type parts cleaners with no electrical connection.
These units are intended for use with flammable/combustible liquids or non-flammable/noncombustible cleaning solutions as detailed in the instruction manual provided with the unit and labels on the unit.
Requirements for the installation and use of parts cleaners are included in the National Electrical Code, NFPA 70, the Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code, NFPA 30, the Uniform Fire Code, NFPA 1, and the International Fire Code, IFC.
These requirements do not apply to units intended to be installed outdoors, intended for use with solvents or cleaning solutions that are considered unstable, or the physiological effects of using the equipment with solvents, cleaning solutions or hazardous waste
|Document Number:||1204 bulletin|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|