Procedure for the Continuous Sampling and Measurement of Non-Volatile Particulate Matter Emissions from Aircraft Turbine Engines
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
This SAE Aerospace Recommended Practice (ARP) describes recommended sampling conditions, instrumentation, and procedures for the measurement of non-volatile particle number and mass concentrations from the exhaust of aircraft gas turbine engines. Procedures are included to estimate sampling system loss performance. This ARP is not intended for in-flight testing, nor does it apply to engines operating in the afterburning mode.
This ARP is intended as a guide toward standard practice and is subject to change to keep pace with experience and technical advances.
This document is divided into the following Sections:
2. Reference, Definitions, Terminology, and Units
4. nvPM System General Description, Measurement and Losses
5. Sampling System Detailed Requirements
6. Particle Mass Measurement Requirements
7. Particle Number Measurement Requirements
8. Calculation of Emission Indices
9. nvPM System Operation