Standard: ISO - 18639-3
PPE ENSEMBLES FOR FIREFIGHTERS UNDERTAKING SPECIFIC RESCUE ACTIVITIES - PART 3: CLOTHING
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This document specifies test methods and minimum performance requirements for protective clothing for firefighters while engaged in rescue activities. Clothing related to specific rescue activities are documented in individual subclauses, see 6.2.1 or 6.2.2.
NOTE For further guidance see ISO 18639-1.
Subclauses of this document cover general clothing design, the minimum performance level of the materials used and the methods of test for determining this performance level.
This document does not cover special clothing for use in other high risk situations such as firefighting.
It does not cover protection for the head, hands and feet or protection against other hazards, e.g. chemical, biological, radiation and electrical hazards, except for limited, accidental exposure to some chemicals and contaminated blood or other body fluids.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 24.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.