CEI EN 50628
Erection of electrical installations in underground mines
|Publication Date:||1 May 2017|
|ICS Code (Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres):||29.260.20|
This European Standard specifies the safety requirements for the erection of new electrical installations. This European Standard is supplementary to other relevant harmonized standards, for example HD 60364 series and the EN 61936 series as regards electrical installation requirements.
This European Standard also refers to EN 60079-0 and its associated standards for the construction, testing and marking requirements of suitable electrical equipment.
EN 60079-14 gives the specific requirements for design, selection and erection of electrical installations in explosive atmospheres.
NOTE EN 60079-14 can apply to electrical installations in mines where explosive gas atmospheres other than firedamp can be formed and to electrical installations in the surface installation of mines.
This European Standard applies to:
a) electrical installation in underground workings of mines;
b) electrical installations and parts of electrical installation above ground, which are directly connected with the underground workings in functional and safety relating matters because of being part of the underground working process:
These are in particular
• safety and monitoring devices relating to the power distribution of the underground workings,
• communication system of hoisting and inclined haulage plants,
• intrinsically safe electrical installations of above ground installation being part of underground workings,
• remote control systems if they shall fulfil increased requirements relating to functional safety,
• electrical installation and electrical equipment of ventilation systems and shaft casings above ground being endangered by firedamp of the underground ventilation,
• firedamp drainage systems;
c) electrical installation in underground workings outside mining if it is demanded of the competent national authorities.
National regulations of the mining authority shall remain unaffected.
This standard applies to installations at all voltages mentioned in Clause 10.