CEI EN 62561-3
Lightning Protection System Components (LPSC) Part 3: Requirements for isolating spark gaps (ISG)
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Lightning protection):||91.120.40|
This part of IEC 62561 specifies the requirements and tests for isolating spark gaps (ISG) for lightning protection systems.
ISGs can be used to indirectly bond a lightning protection system to other nearby metalwork where a direct bond is not permissible for functional reasons.
Typical applications include the connection to
• earth-termination systems of power installations,
• earth-termination systems of telecommunication systems,
• auxiliary earth electrodes of voltage-operated, earth fault circuit breakers,
• rail earth electrode of power and DC railways,
• measuring earth electrodes for laboratories,
• installations with cathodic protection and stray current systems,
• service entry masts for low-voltage overhead cables,
• bypassing insulated flanges and insulated couplings of pipelines.
This does not cover applications where follow currents occur.
NOTE Lightning protection system components (LPSC) can also be suitable for use in hazardous conditions such as fire and explosive atmosphere. Due regard will be taken of the extra requirements necessary for the components to be installed in such conditions.