CEN - PREN 1337-2
Structural bearings - Part 2: Sliding elements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Technical aspects):||91.010.30|
This document specifies rules for the design, testing and manufacture of sliding elements which are not structural bearings but only parts of them for combination with structural bearings as defined in other parts of this European Standard.
It is applicable to:
- flat and curved sliding elements made of polytetrafluoroethyl
- sliding elements for guides made of PTFE or composite bearing materials, lubricant and austenitic steel,
- PTFE surfaces with a circumscribing circle diameter of single or multiple PTFE sheets larger than 75 mm and smaller than 1 500 mm,
- PTFE surface temperatures between -35 °C and +50 °C and
- steel to steel sliding surfaces.
Additional requirements for curved sliding elements used in spherical and cylindrical PTFE bearings are covered by prEN 1337-7:2018.
Sliding elements for use as temporary devices during construction, for example during launching of the superstructure, and sliding elements not permanently in contact, other than guides, are not covered within this document, because the required performance and conditions may deviate considerably.
This document will be used in conjunction with the relevant parts of this standard series.