NR/L3/ELP/27424 ISSUE 1
750V DC Conductor Rail Equipment Design Manual
|Publication Date:||3 March 2018|
This manual covers the design and maintenance of the Network Rail DC Electrification system:-
• That part of Network Rail's 750V third rail electrification system that lies between the outgoing terminal of the substation DC circuit breakers and the point of delivery of electrical power to the trains, i.e. the third rail:collector shoe interface;
• The return circuit from the train via the running rails to the substation negative busbar, defined as the Negative Bonding system.
This manual is applicable to all parts of the Network Rail system electrified using the 750V DC Conductor Rail system.
This manual does not cover:-
• The design of traction substations, the HV AC distribution network from which they are supplied, the protection arrangements for both the AC and DC parts of the network and the arrangements for the control of the electrification system;
• The technical specification of individual components used to construct the DC electrification system.
This manual does not apply to any non-Network Rail networks, including:-
• The East London Line, which comes under the jurisdiction of Transport for London;
• The London Underground network, which comes under the jurisdiction of Transport for London.
The purpose of this standard is to provide guidance and requirements for the design of CRE equipment in order to achieve to achieve safety, economy and performance whilst meeting regulatory requirements.