SNZ AS/NZS 60065
Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus-Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||12 February 2018|
This International Safety Standard applies to electronic apparatus designed to be fed from the MAINS, from a SUPPLY APPARATUS, from batteries or from REMOTE POWER FEEDING and intended for reception, generation, recording or reproduction of audio, video and associated signals. It also applies to apparatus designed to be used exclusively in combination with the above-mentioned apparatus.
This standard primarily concerns apparatus intended for household and similar general use but which may also be used in places of public assembly such as schools, theatres, places of worship and the workplace. PROFESSIONAL APPARATUS intended for use as described above is also covered unless falling specifically within the scope of other standards.
This standard concerns only safety aspects of the above apparatus; it does not concern other matters, such as style or performance.
This standard applies to the above-mentioned apparatus, if designed to be connected to the TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK or similar network, for example by means of an integrated modem.
Some examples of apparatus within the scope of this standard are:
- receiving apparatus and amplifiers for sound and/or vision;
- independent LOAD TRANSDUCERS and SOURCE TRANSDUCERS;
- SUPPLY APPARATUS intended to supply other apparatus covered by the scope of this standard;
- ELECTRONIC MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, and electronic accessories such as rhythm generators, tone generators, music tuners and the like for use with electronic or non-electronic musical instruments;
- audio and/or video educational apparatus;
- video projectors;
NOTE 1 Film projectors, slide projectors and overhead projectors are covered by IEC 60335-2-56.
- video cameras and video monitors;
- video games and flipper games;
- juke boxes;
- electronic gaming and scoring machines;
NOTE 2 Video games, flipper games and gaming machines and other amusement games for commercial use are covered by IEC 60335-2-82.
- teletext equipment;
- record and optical disc players;
- tape and optical disc recorders;
- antenna signal converters and amplifiers;
- antenna positioners;
- Citizen's Band apparatus;
- apparatus for IMAGERY;
- electronic light effect apparatus;
- apparatus for use in alarm systems;
- intercommunication apparatus, using low voltage MAINS as the transmission medium;
- cable head-end receivers;
- professional general use amplifiers, record or disc players, tape players, recorders, and public address systems;
- professional sound/video systems;
- electronic flash apparatus for photographic purposes (see Annex L); and
- multimedia apparatus.
The requirements of IEC 60950-1 may also be used to meet the requirements for safety of multimedia apparatus (see also IEC Guide 112).
This standard applies to apparatus with a RATED SUPPLY VOLTAGE not exceeding
- 250 V a.c. single phase or d.c. supply;
- 433 V a.c. in the case of apparatus for connection to a supply other than single-phase.
This standard applies to apparatus for use at altitudes not exceeding 2 000 m above sea level, primarily in dry locations and in regions with moderate or tropical climates.
For apparatus with protection against splashing water, additional requirements are given in Annex A.
For apparatus to be connected to TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORKS, additional requirements are given in Annex B.
For apparatus intended to be used in vehicles, ships or aircraft, or at altitudes exceeding 2 000 m above sea level, additional requirements may be necessary.
NOTE 1 See Table A.2 of IEC 60664-1:2007.
NOTE 2 China has special requirement in choosing multiplication factors at altitude above 2 000 m.
Requirements, additional to those specified in this standard, may be necessary for apparatus intended for special conditions of use.
For apparatus designed to be fed from the MAINS, this standard applies to apparatus intended to be connected to a MAINS supply with transient overvoltages not exceeding overvoltage category II according to IEC 60664-1.
For apparatus subject to transient overvoltages exceeding those for overvoltage category II, additional protection may be necessary in the MAINS supply of the apparatus.