DODD 4140.25-M VOL 11
DOD MANAGEMENT OF ENERGY COMMODITIES: DEFENSE FUEL SUPPORT POINT (DFSP) INVENTORY ACCOUNTING INVESTIGATIONS
|Publication Date:||2 March 2018|
This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5134.12 and DoD Instruction 4140.25:
• The manual implements policy, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures for the supply chain management, quality assurance and quality surveillance, and storage of energy commodities and related services.
• This volume assigns responsibilities and provides procedures for performing causative research, investigating, and determining any financial liability for inventory accounting discrepancies with Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) energy commodities stored at a DFSP or in-transit to or from a DFSP.
a. This volume applies to:
(1) OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this issuance as the "DoD Components").
(2) Non-DoD Federal Government agencies participating in the DoD supply chain management of energy commodities, referred to collectively in this volume as "Participating Agencies," but only when and to the extent they adopt the conditions, terms, and requirements of this manual.
(3) DFSPs that manage DWCF energy commodities and not excluded by Paragraph 1.1.b. Investigation of energy non-inventory property loss will be in accordance with DoD 7000.14-R.
b. Unless otherwise agreed to, this volume does not apply to DWCF energy commodity inventories managed under terms of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, international agreement, or commercial tender agreement. The responsible Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy regional office provides oversight of these DFSPs by routine and scheduled surveillance visits in accordance with this manual.