Safety and control devices for oil burners and oil-burning appliances - Particular requirements - Part 1: Shut-off devices for oil burners
|Publication Date:||15 September 2007|
|ICS Code (Liquid and solid fuel burners):||27.060.10|
This part of ISO 23553 specifies safety, constructional and performance requirements, and testing of safety shut-off devices, for liquid fuels.
This part of ISO 23553 covers type testing only.
It applies to safety shut-off devices which:
- are designed as e.g. automatic valves or fast-closing devices;
- are used in combustion plants to interrupt the flow of liquid fuels with or without delay on closing and with or without delay on opening;
- are for use with fuel oils;
NOTE For other liquid fuels, additional test methods can be agreed between the manufacturer and the test authority.
- form part of a device having other function(s), such as oil pumps. In this case the test methods apply to those parts or components of the device forming the safety shut-off device, i.e. those parts which are necessary for the closing function;
- have declared maximum working pressures up to and including 5 000 kPa, for use on burners or in appliances using liquid fuels;
- are directly or indirectly operated electrically or by mechanical or hydraulic means;
- are fitted with or without closed-position indicator switches.
The methods of test given in this part of ISO 23553 are intended for product type testing.