ISO DIS 50503
Innovation management - Tools and methods for innovation partnership - Guidance
|Publication Date:||7 March 2018|
|ICS Code (Company organization and management in general):||03.100.01|
|ICS Code (Research and development):||03.100.40|
This international standard provides a guidance for innovation partnerships. It describes the innovation partnership framework (see Clauses 4 to 8) and the corresponding tools (see Annexes from A to D) to:
- decide whether to enter an innovation partnership;
- identify, evaluate and select partners;
- align the perceptions of value and challenges of the partnership;
- manage the partner interactions.
The guidance provided by this international standard is relevant for any type of partnerships and collaborations and it is intended to be applicable to any organizations, regardless of its type, size, product/service provided, such as:
- start-ups collaborating with larger organizations;
- SMEs or larger organizations;
- private sector entities with public or academic entities;
- public, academic or not-for-profit organizations.
Innovation partnership start with a gap analysis, followed by the identification, and engagement, of potential innovation partners and the governance of their interaction.
This standard is not applicable to organizations seeking innovation by merger or acquisition.