Ships and marine technology - Marine cranes - Manufacturing requirements
|Publication Date:||1 June 2019|
|ICS Code (Lifting and cargo handling equipment):||47.020.40|
This document specifies the general technical manufacturing requirements for marine cranes of metal construction.
This document is applicable to the following types of marine cranes:
- deck cranes mounted on ships for handling cargo or containers in harbour conditions;
- floating cranes or grab cranes mounted on barges or pontoons for operating in harbour conditions;
- engine room cranes and provision cranes, etc. mounted on ships (including floating docks) for handling equipment and stores in harbour conditions.
NOTE Marine cranes in other types of crane can refer to this document.
This document does not apply to cranes manufactured to operate in:
- ambient operating temperatures below −20 °C;
- ambient operating temperatures above +45 °C;
- lifting operations below sea level;
- lifting operations involving more than one crane;
- emergency rescue operations;
- shore-side cargo handling cranes;
- lifting lifeboats, liferafts accommodation ladders, pilot ladders, gangways and their handling appliances;
- launching appliances for survival craft and rescue boats.