UL Standard for Safety Fuel Cell Power Systems for Installation in Industrial Electric Trucks
|Publication Date:||27 March 2013|
These requirements cover fuel cell power systems intended to be installed in Type E or Type CGH industrial trucks used in locations as defined in the Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks, Including Type Designations, Areas of Use, Conversions, Maintenance, and Operation, NFPA 505, the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, and the Standard for Electric-Battery-Pow
The fuel cell power systems covered by this standard are anticipated for use as described in the:
• Safety Standard for Low Lift and High Lift Trucks, ANSI/ITSDF B56.1;
• Safety Standard for Guided Industrial Vehicles and Automated Functions of Manned Industrial Vehicles, ANSI/ITSDF B56.5;
• Safety Standard for Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks, ANSI/ITSDF B56.6;
• Safety Standard for Industrial Crane Trucks, ANSI/ITSDF B56.7;
• Safety Standard for Personnel and Burden Carriers, ANSI/ITSDF B56.8;
• Safety Standard for Operator Controlled Industrial Tow Tractors, ANSI/ITSDF B56.9; and the
• Safety Standard for Manually Propelled High Lift Industrial Trucks, ANSI/ITSDF B56.10,
as applicable to the intended truck.
These requirements cover fuel cell power systems that incorporate a permanently mounted pressure vessel containing compressed hydrogen gas.
These requirements cover the use of designs that are fueled by hydrogen gas without the pressure vessel being removed from the industrial truck (onboard fueling).
These requirements cover only the fuel cell and fuel cell balance of plant components including the power and/or power conditioning electronics, regardless of packaging, as defined in 2.11 and Figure 2.1, as well as any components in classified zones.