PACKT - Google Cloud Platform Cookbook
|Publication Date:||16 April 2018|
Practical recipes to implement cost-effective and scalable cloud solutions for your organization
About This Book
• Implement Google Cloud services in your organization
• Leverage Google Cloud components to secure your organization's data
• A recipe-based guide that promises hands-on experience in deploying a highly scalable and available environment
Who This Book Is For
This book is for IT professionals, engineers, and developers looking at implementing Google Cloud in their organizations. Administrators and architects planning to make their organization more efficient with Google Cloud will also find this book useful. Basic understanding of Cloud services and the Google Cloud platform is necessary.
What You Will Learn
• Host a Python application on Google Compute Engine
• Host an application using Google Cloud Functions
• Migrate a MySQL DB to Cloud Spanner
• Configure a network for a highly available application on GCP
• Learn simple image processing using Storage and Cloud Functions
• Automate security checks using Policy Scanner
• Understand tools for monitoring a production environment in GCP
• Learn to manage multiple projects using service accounts
Google Cloud Platform is a cloud computing platform that offers products and services to host applications using state-of-the art infrastructure and technology. You can build and host applications and websites, store data, and analyze data on Google's scalable infrastructure. This book follows a recipe-based approach, giving you hands-on experience to make the most of Google Cloud services.
This book starts with practical recipes that explain how to utilize Google Cloud's common services. Then, you'll see how to make full use of Google Cloud components such as networking, security, management, and developer tools. Next, we'll deep dive into implementing core Google Cloud services into your organization, with practical recipes on App Engine, Compute Engine microservices with Cloud Functions, virtual networks, and Cloud Storage. Later, we'll provide recipes on implementing authentication and security, Cloud APIs, command-line management, deployment management, and the Cloud SDK. Finally, we'll cover administration troubleshooting tasks with the Compute and Container Engines and we'll show how to monitor your organization's efficiency with best practices.
By the end of this book, you'll have a complete understanding of how to implement Google Cloud services in your organization with ease.
Style and approach
This book will quickly get you started with using Google Cloud Services.