Standard: MHI - MH10.8.7
LABELING & DIRECT PRODUCT MARKING
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
MH10.8.7 - LABELING AND DIRECT PRODUCT MARKING WITH LINEAR BAR CODE AND TWO-DIMENSIONAL SYMBOLS - Approved in 2005 and published in 2006, this standard establishes machine-readable (linear, two dimensional, and composite symbols) and human readable content for direct marking and labeling of items, parts, and components. This standard provides a means for items, parts and components to be marked and read in either fixtured or handheld scanning environments at any manufacturer's facility and then read by customers purchasing items for subsequent manufacturing operations or for final end use. Intended applications include, but are not limited to supply chain applications, e.g., inventory, distribution, manufacturing, quality control, acquisition, transportation, supply, repair, and disposal. Location and application methods of marking are not defined herein.
|Organization:||Material Handling Institute Inc.|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|