Power transformers – Part 6: Reactors
|Publication Date:||1 December 2007|
|ICS Code (Transformers. Reactors):||29.180|
This part of IEC 60076 applies to the following types of reactors:
• shunt reactors;
• series reactors including current-limiting reactors, neutral-earthing reactors, power flow control reactors, motor starting reactors, arc-furnace series reactors;
• filter (tuning) reactors;
• capacitor damping reactors;
• capacitor discharge reactors;
• earthing transformers (neutral couplers);
• arc-suppression reactors;
• smoothing reactors for HVDC and industrial application;
with the exception of the following reactors:
• reactors with a rating less than 1 kvar single-phase and 5 kvar three-phase;
• reactors for special purposes such as high-frequency line traps or reactors mounted on rolling stock.
Where IEC standards do not exist for small or special reactors, this part of IEC 60076 may be applicable as a whole or in part.