Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems – Digital interfaces - Part 450: Multiple talkers and multiple listeners - Ethernet interconnection
|Publication Date:||1 May 2018|
|ICS Code (Navigation and control equipment):||47.020.70|
This part of IEC 61162 specifies interface requirements and methods of test for high speed communication between shipboard navigation and radiocommunication equipment as well as between such systems and other ship systems that need to communicate with navigation and radio-communication equipment. This document is based on the application of an appropriate suite of existing international standards to provide a framework for implementing data transfer between devices on a shipboard Ethernet network.
This document specifies an Ethernet based bus type network where any listener can receive messages from any sender with the following properties.
• This document includes provisions for multicast distribution of information formatted according to IEC 61162-1, for example position fixes and other measurements, as well as provisions for transmission of general data blocks (binary file), for example between radar and VDR, and also includes provisions for multicast distribution of information formatted according to IEC 61162-3, for example position fixes and other measurements.
• This document is limited to protocols for equipment (network nodes) connected to a single Ethernet network consisting only of OSI level one or two devices and cables (Network infrastructure).
• This document provides requirements only for equipment interfaces. By specifying protocols for transmission of IEC 61162-1 sentences, IEC 61162-3 PGN messages and general binary file data, these requirements will guarantee interoperability between equipment implementing this document as well as a certain level of safe behaviour of the equipment itself.
• This document permits equipment using other protocols than those specified in this document to share a network infrastructure, provided that it is supplied with interfaces which satisfy the requirements described for ONF.
• This document includes provisions for filtering of the network traffic in order to limit the amount of traffic to manageable level for each individual equipment.
This document does not contain any system requirements other than the ones that can be inferred from the sum of individual equipment requirements. An associated standard, IEC 61162-460, further addresses system requirements.