Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-69: Particular requirements for wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for industrial and commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 December 2007|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrical motor-operated vacuum cleaners and includes appliances and stationary equipment specifically designed for wet suction, dry suction, or wet and dry suction for industrial and commercial use with or without attachments, for example for suction to withdraw dust or the like from work benches and production machines, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Commercial uses are for example for use in hotels, schools, hospitals, factories, shops and offices for other than normal housekeeping purposes.
This standard also applies to machines handling hazardous dust, such as asbestos or liquids for which additional national requirements might apply.
It is also applicable to appliances making use of other forms of energy for the motor; but it is necessary that their influence is taken into consideration.
For battery operated appliances reference shall be made to IEC 60335-2-72.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances for household use to which IEC 60335-2-2 applies;
- centrally sited stationary vacuum cleaning systems;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (vapour or gas);
- audio, video and similar electronic apparatus (IEC 60065);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
- personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950);
- transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029).