PACKT - User Experience Mapping
|Publication Date:||26 May 2017|
"Understand your users, gain strategic insights, and make your product development more efficient with user experience mapping
About This Book
• Detailed guidance on the major types of User Experience Maps.
• Learn to gain strategic insights and improve communication with stakeholders .
• Get an idea on creating wireflows, mental model maps, ecosystem maps and solution maps
Who This Book Is For
This book is for Product Manager, Service Managers and Designers who are keen on learning the user experience mapping techniques.
What You Will Learn
• Create and understand all common user experience map types.
• Use lab or remote user research to create maps and understand users better.
• Design behavioral change and represent it visually.
• Create 4D user experience maps, the "ultimate UX deliverable".
• Capture many levels of interaction in a holistic view.
• Use experience mapping in an agile team, and learn how maps help in communicating within the team and with stakeholders.
• Become more user focused and help your organisation become user-centric.
Do you want to create better products and innovative solutions? User Experience Maps will help you understand users, gain strategic insights and improve communication with stakeholders. Maps can also champion user-centricity within the organisation.
Two advanced mapping techniques will be revealed for the first time in print, the behavioural change map and the 4D UX map. You will also explore user story maps, task models and journey maps. You will create wireflows, mental model maps, ecosystem maps and solution maps. In this book, the author will show you how to use insights from real users to create and improve your maps and your product.The book describes each major User Experience map type in detail. Starting with simple techniques based on sticky notes moving to more complex map types.In each chapter, you will solve a real-world problem with a map. The book contains detailed, beginner level tutorials on creating maps using different software products, including Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq Mockups, Axure RP or Microsoft Word. Even if you don't have access to any of those, each map type can also be drawn with pen and paper.
Beyond creating maps, the book will also showcase communication techniques and workshop ideas. Although the book is not intended to be a comprehensive guide to modern user experience or product management, its novel ideas can help you create better solutions. You will also learn about the Kaizen-UX management framework, developed by the author, now used by many agencies and in-house UX teams in Europe and beyond.Buying this map will give you hundreds of hours worth of user experience knowledge, from one of the world's leading UX consultants. It will change your users' world for the better. If you are still not convinced, we have hidden some cat drawings in it, just in case.
Style and approach
An easy to understand guide, filled with real world use cases on how to plan, prioritize and visualize your project on customer experience"