|Publication Date:||26 May 2017|
Expand your boundaries by creating applications empowered with real-time data using RxJs without compromising performance
About This Book
• Handle an infinite stream of incoming data using RxJs without going crazy
• Explore important RxJs operators that can help you improve your code readability
• Get acquainted with the different techniques and operators used to handle data traffic, which occurs when you receive data faster than you can process
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
• Get to know the basics of functional reactive programming using RxJs
• Process a continuous flow of data with linear memory consumption
• Filter, group, and react to changes in your system
• Discover how to deal with data traffic
• Compose operators to create new operators and use them in multiple observables to avoid code repetition
• Explore transducers and see how they can improve your code readability
• Detect and recover from errors in observables using Retry and Catch operators
• Create your own reactive application: a real-time webchat
Moving on, you'll explore the RxJs API, be introduced to the problem of data traffic (backpressure), and see how you can mitigate it. You'll also learn about other important operators that can help improve your code readability, and you'll see how to use transducers to compose operators.
At the end of the book, you'll get hands-on experience of using RxJs, and will create a real-time web chat using RxJs on the client and server, providing you with the complete package to master RxJs.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow guide is full of hands-on examples of reactive programming. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive there are more details of the concepts used, ending with an application using the concepts learned through the book.