ASME PTC 47.1
Cryogenic Air Separation Unit of an Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Power Plant
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
This Code applies to ASUs of any size, in either a single-train or multitrain configuration. It can be used to measure the performance of an ASU in its normal operating condition, with all equipment in a new, clean, and fully functional condition. This Code provides methods and procedures explicitly for ASUs employing electric-motor-drive
(a) Test Conditions. To test a particular ASU, the following conditions shall be met:
(1) A means shall be available to determine, through either direct or indirect measurements, all of the electric power inputs entering the test boundary, as well as any electric power outputs leaving the test boundary.
(2) A means shall be available to determine, through either direct or indirect measurements, the purity and conditions of all of the pressurized flows entering or leaving the test boundary.
(3) A means shall be available to determine, through either direct or indirect measurements, all of the parameters to correct the results from the test to a base reference condition.
(4) The test uncertainties shall be less than or equal to the uncertainty limits specified in Table 1-3-1.
(b) Tests Outside the Scope of ASME PTC 47.1. Tests addressing performance-related issues other than those specified in
(a) are outside the scope of this Code. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) emissions tests
(2) operational demonstration tests pertaining to non-steady-state or off-design conditions
(3) liquid production tests conducted to determine the capability of producing liquefied products from the ASU at rates other than the specified design flows
(4) reliability tests conducted over extended periods of time beyond the required testing period