ISO DIS 2232
Round non-alloy steel wires for general purpose wire ropes, large diameter wire ropes and mine hoisting wire ropes - Specifications
|Publication Date:||29 May 2018|
|ICS Code (Steel wire, wire ropes and link chains):||77.140.65|
This document specifies round non-alloy steel wires to be used in the manufacture of general purpose, large diameter and mine hoisting wire ropes.
- the dimensional tolerances;
- the mechanical characteristics;
- the conditions with which coatings, if any, shall comply;
- the conditions of sampling, control and terms of acceptance.
It applies to round, bright, Zinc (Zn) or Zinc/Aluminum (Zn/Al) alloy coated wires of Quality A or Quality B and of nominal diameters from 0,2 mm to 7.0 mm.
It does not apply to steel wire taken from manufactured ropes.
It does not apply to wire for steel wire ropes for special applications, such as
- ropes for aircraft controls;
- ropes for aerial ropeways;
- ropes for lifts.
- ropes for prestressed concrete.