CEN - EN ISO 5395-3
Garden equipment - Safety requirements for combustionengine- powered lawnmowers - Part 3: Ride-on lawnmowers with seated operator
|Publication Date:||1 September 2013|
|ICS Code (Horticultural equipment):||65.060.70|
This part of ISO 5395 specifies safety requirements and their verification for combustionengine- powered ride-on (seated) rotary lawnmowers and cylinder lawnmowers (hereafter named "lawnmower"), and equipped with:
- metallic cutting means; and/or
- non-metallic cutting means with one or more cutting elements pivotally mounted on a generally circular drive unit, where these cutting elements rely on centrifugal force to achieve cutting, and have a kinetic energy for each single cutting element of 10 J or more.
This part of ISO 5395 does not apply to:
- robotic and remote-controlled lawnmowers, flail mowers, grassland mowers, sickle bar mowers, towed/semi-mounted grass-cutting machines, and scrub-clearing machines;
- cutting-means assembly when used in combination with an agricultural tractor;
- electrically powered and battery-powered lawnmowers.
This part of ISO 5395 deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations or events (see Annex C) relevant to lawnmowers when used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer.
This part of ISO 5395 is not applicable to lawnmowers which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document.