MODUK - DEF STAN 21-059
Systems Engineering Guide for Naval Combat Systems
|Publication Date:||28 May 2018|
This Def Stan is structured as follows:
- Section 2, Heading 1 (Systems Engineering) of this document describes:
- The key differences between a 'System' and a 'System of Systems'.
- The phases of a generic system lifecycle and how its phases relate to the MOD's acquisition process.
- How a combat system lifecycle differs from an equipment lifecycle.
- What is required to manage a combat system through-life from understanding initial capability objectives, to assessing performance and managing change requirements.
- Section 2, Heading 2 (Key Combat System Engineering Activities and Engineering Management Processes) covers the combat system design process and key combat system engineering activities undertaken within it.
- Section 3 contains references and abbreviations.