JAIF Global Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Item Level Standard
|Publication Date:||1 October 2017|
This standard is based on ISO and GS1 standards. They ensure compatibility between readers and tags using Issuing Agency Codes from UN, OD, LA, VTD, TAJ, D, and GS1.
This global standard recommends the basic features of data carriers as applied to an item, product, part, component, module, or assembly. In particular, this standard:
• Provides recommendations for the identification of "items":
▫ As used in this document, the terms item, product, part, component, module, and assembly are synonymous terms. For descriptions, see Product in Section 3.
• Specifies the air interface standards required between the RF interrogator and RF tag.
• Specifies the semantics and data syntax to be used.
• Provides a unique identifier for traceability.
• Specifies the minimum RFID system performance requirements.
• Specifies a minimum User Memory Bank (MB11) size.
• Specifies the process to be used to interface with business applications and the RFID system.
• Provides specific business process application recommendations for:
▫ Item Identification
▫ Verification (error proofing)
▫ Item Traceability
▫ Item Characteristics
▫ Vehicle Identification (VIN)