PACKT - Introduction to Programming
|Publication Date:||15 June 2018|
Get a solid understanding of Java fundamentals to master programming through a series of practical steps
About This Book
• Enjoy your first step into the world of programming
• Understand what a language is and use its features to build applications
• Learn about a wide variety of programming applications
Who This Book Is For
Introduction to Programming is for anybody who wants to learn programming. All you'll need is a computer, internet connection, and a cup of coffee.
What You Will Learn
• Understand what Java is
• Install Java and learn how to run it
• Write and execute a Java program
• Write and execute the test for your program
• Install components and confgure your development environment
• Learn and use Java language fundamentals
• Learn object-oriented design principles
• Master the frequently used Java constructs
Have you ever thought about making your computer do what you want it to do? Do you want to learn to program, but just don't know where to start? Instead of guiding you in the right direction, have other learning resources got you confused with over-explanations?
Don't worry. Look no further. Introduction to Programming is here to help.
Written by an industry expert who understands the challenges faced by those from a non-programming background, this book takes a gentle, hand-holding approach to introducing you to the world of programming. Beginning with an introduction to what programming is, you'll go on to learn about languages, their syntax, and development environments. With plenty of examples for you to code alongside reading, the book's practical approach will help you to grasp everything it has to offer. More importantly, you'll understand several aspects of application development. As a result, you'll have your very own application running by the end of the book. To help you comprehensively understand Java programming, there are exercises at the end of each chapter to keep things interesting and encourage you to add your own personal touch to the code and, ultimately, your application.
Style and approach
This step-by-step guide will familiarize you with programming using some practical examples.