CENELEC - EN 50173-6
Information technology - Generic cabling systems - Part 6: Distributed building services
|Publication Date:||1 June 2018|
|ICS Code (Networking):||35.110|
This standard specifies generic cabling for distributed building services and can be used in conjunction with all the space-specific standards of the EN 50173 series.
It covers balanced cabling and optical fibre cabling.
This standard specifies directly or via reference to EN 50173-1 the:
- structure and minimum configuration for generic cabling for distributed building services;
- interfaces at the service outlet (SO);
- performance requirements for cabling links and channels;
- implementation requirements and options;
- performance requirements for cabling components;
- conformance requirements and verification procedures.
This standard has taken into account requirements specified in application standards listed in EN 50173-1.
Safety and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements are outside the scope of this standard and are covered by other standards and regulations. However, information given in this standard can be of assistance in meeting these standards and regulations.