CEI EN 60947-5-1
Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear - Part 5-1: Control circuit devices and switching elements Electromechanical control circuit devices
|Publication Date:||1 May 2018|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
|ICS Code (Switches):||29.120.40|
Scope and object
This part of IEC 60947 applies to control circuit devices and switching elements intended for controlling signalling, interlocking, etc, of switchgerar and controlgear.
It applies to control circuit devices having a rated voltage not exceeding 1000V a.c (at a frequency not exceeding 1000Hz) or 600V d.c.
However, for operational voltages below 100V a.c., see 188.8.131.52.
This standard applies to specific types of control circuit devices such as:
• manual control switches, for example push-buttons, rotary switches, toot switches, etc.;
• electromagnetically operated control switches, either time-delayed or instantaneous, tor example contactor relays;
• pilot switches, for example pressure switches, temperature sensitive switches (thermostats), programmers, etc.;
• position switches, for example control switches operated by part of a machine or mechanism;
• associated control circuit equipment for example indicator lights, etc.
NOTE 1 A control circuit device includes (a) control switch(es) and associated devices such as (an) indicator light* s).
NOTE 2 A control switch includes (a) switching element(s) and an actuating system.
NOTE 3 A switching element can be a contact element or a semiconductor element
It also applies to specific types of switching elements associated with other devices (whose main circuits are covered by other standards) such as:
• auxiliary contacts of a switching device (e.g. contactor, circuit breaker, etc.) which are not dedicated exclusively tor use with the coil of that device;
• interlocking contacts of enclosure doors;
• control circuit contacts of rotary switches;
• control circuit contacts of overload relays.
Contactor relays also comply with the requirements and tests oflEC 60947-4-1 except for the utilization category which comply with this standard.
This standard does not include the relays covered in IEC 60255 or in the IEC 61810 series, nor automatic electrical control devices for household and similar purposes.
The colour requirements of indicator lights, push-buttons, etc., are found in IEC 60073 and also in CIES 0004£ -2001 from the C ornmission of Illumination (CIE ).