PACKT - Learn Python Programming
|Publication Date:||29 June 2018|
Build a solid foundation in coding by utilizing the language and its core characteristics
About This Book
• Leverage the features of Python programming through easy-to-follow examples
• Develop a strong set of programming skills that can be applied on all platforms
• Create GUIs and data science-based applications
Who This Book Is For
Learn Python Programming is for individuals with relatively little experience in coding or Python. It's also ideal for aspiring programmers who need to write scripts or programs to accomplish tasks. The book takes you all the way to creating a full-fledged application.
What You Will Learn
• Get Python up and running on Windows, Mac, and Linux
• Grasp fundamental concepts of coding using data structures and control flow
• Write elegant, reusable, and efficient code in any situation
• Understand when to use the functional or object-oriented programming (OOP) approach
• Walk through the basics of security and concurrent/asynchron
• Create bulletproof, reliable software by writing tests
• Explore examples of GUIs, scripting, and data science
Learn Python Programming creates a foundation for those who are interested in developing their skills in Python programming. The book starts with the fundamentals of programming with Python and ends by exploring different topics such as GUIs and real-world apps.
You will begin by exploring the foundations of and fundamental topics on Python and learn to manipulate them. Then, you'll explore different programming paradigms that will allow you to find the best approach to a situation, and you'll also understand how to carry out performance optimization as well as effective debugging.
As you make your way through the chapters, you'll control the flow of a program, and persist and utilize an interchange format to exchange data. You'll also walk through cryptographic services in Python and understand secure tokens. Throughout, the book covers various types of applications, and it concludes with building real-world applications based on all the concepts that you learned.
By the end of the book, you'll have a proper understanding of the Python language and a solid grasp on how to work with data. You'll know how to quickly build a website and harness the power of Python's renowned data science libraries.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow guide will take you from novice to proficient at a comfortable pace, using a lot of simple yet effective examples.