DNVGL-RU-SHIPS P 3 CH 8
Part 3 Hull - Chapter 8 Buckling
|Publication Date:||1 July 2018|
The buckling checks shall be performed according to:
- Sec.2 for the slenderness requirements of plates, longitudinal and transverse stiffeners, primary supporting members and brackets
- Sec.3 for the hull girder buckling requirements of plates, longitudinal and transverse stiffeners, supporting members and other structures
- Sec.4 for the buckling requirements of the direct analysis for the plates, stiffened panels and other structures. Buckling analysis according to Sec.4 is also applicable for beam analysis of structure elements subjected to compressive and shear stresses
- the Society's document DNVGL-CG-0128 Buckling, for the buckling capacity.
The buckling check of the stiffeners referred to in this chapter is applicable to the stiffener fitted parallel to the long edge of the plate panel.
Platforms for permanent means of access
Platforms for permanent means of access (PMA) inclusive enlarged stiffeners, shall be considered as primary support members (PSM) and shall comply with the following requirements:
- slenderness requirement for PSM as given in Sec.2 
- buckling strength of web plate as given in Sec.3  and Sec.4 
- buckling strength of web stiffener as given in Sec.3  and Sec.4 , when a web stiffener is fitted
- tripping bracket requirement for PSM as given in Sec.2 , unless buckling strength for stiffeners as given in Sec.3  and Sec.4  are complied with. For PMA platforms with web stiffening the buckling capacity of flange may be assessed according to DNVGL-CG-0128 Sec.3 .