ETSI - TS 125 321
Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS); Medium Access Control (MAC) protocol specification
|Publication Date:||1 July 2018|
The present document specifies the MAC protocol.
The specification describes:
- MAC architecture;
- MAC entities;
- channel structure;
- services provided to upper layers;
- MAC functions;
- services expected from the physical layer;
- elements for layer-to-layer communication including primitives between MAC and RLC;
- elements for peer-to-peer communication;
- protocol data units, formats and parameters;
- elementary procedures.