ISO/IEC FDIS 23000-22
Information technology - Multimedia application format (MPEG-A) - Part 22: Multi-image application format (MIAF)
|Publication Date:||8 March 2019|
|ICS Code (Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information):||35.040.40|
This document specifies the Multi-Image Application Format (MIAF), which contains coded images, groups and sequences of images along with their metadata and the information about their relations to each other, all embedded in the High Efficiency Image File (HEIF) format.
This document builds on the HEIF specification and defines the following:
- a set of additional constraints on ISO/IEC 23008-12 (HEIF) specification, to simplify its file format options;
- specific alpha plane formats;
- a set of specific profiles and levels for the supported coding formats;
- a set of specific metadata formats;
- a set of brands, including application brands indicating conformance with specific profiles;
- a set of rules for extending MIAF format to support additional coding formats, profiles, levels and metadata.
This document also defines the normative behaviour for a MIAF reader and MIAF renderer.
The MIAF specification is intentionally written to be extensible, and to allow for forward compatibility. The format is also permissive of the presence of other data, such as coding formats, metadata, and derived images.