Electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – EMC requirements – Part 3-2: Immunity requirements for safety-related systems and for equipment intended to perform safety-related functions (functional safety) – Industrial applications with specified electromagnetic environment
|Publication Date:||1 January 2008|
|ICS Code (Immunity):||33.100.20|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
The scope of IEC 61326-1 applies to this part of IEC 61326 but is limited to systems and equipment for industrial applications within a specified electromagnetic environment and intended to perform safety functions as defined in IEC 61508 with SIL 1-3.
The electromagnetic environments encompassed by this product family standard are industrial, both indoor and outdoor, as they can be found in industrial applications with an electromagnetic environment having specified characteristics (for example, process industry). The difference between the electromagnetic environment covered by this standard compared to the general industrial environment (see IEC 61326-3-1) is due to the mitigation measures employed against electromagnetic phenomena leading to a specified electromagnetic environment.
The environment of industrial application with a specified electromagnetic environment typically includes the following characteristics:
- industrial area with limited access;
- limited use of mobile transmitter;
- dedicated cables for power supply and control, signal or communication lines;
- separation between power supply and control, signal or communication cables;
- factory building mostly consisting of metal construction;
- pipe heating systems driven by a.c. main power may be present;
- no high-voltage substation close to sensitive areas;
- presence of CISPR 11 Group 2 ISM equipment using ISM frequencies only with low power;
- competent staff;
- periodical maintenance of equipment and systems;
- mounting and installation guidelines for equipment and systems.
A more detailed description of the above-mentioned typical characteristics is given in Annex B.
Equipment and systems considered as "proven-in-use" according to IEC 61508 or IEC 61511 are excluded from the scope of IEC 61326-3-2.
Fire alarm systems and security alarm systems intended for protection of buildings are excluded from the scope of IEC 61326-3-2.