Standard: RTCA DO-309
MINIMUM OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS (MOPS) FOR HELICOPTER TERRAIN AWARENESS AND WARNING SYSTEM (HTAWS) AIRBORNE EQUIPMENT
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This MOPS defines a Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System (HTAWS), Airborne System. The HTAWS is an alerting system intended to provide terrain and obstacle aural and visual alerts. It is designed to reduce the risk of Controlled Flight into Terrain (CFIT) accidents by providing increased situational awareness of the surrounding terrain and obstacles, mainly during the cruise phase in Visual Meteorological Condition (VMC) and in Instrument Meteorological Condition (IMC) under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). HTAWS is not intended to be used as an aid for navigation.
|Document Number:||rtca do-309|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|