Standard: VA - FED H-08-1 SEC 15840
DUCTWORK AND ACCESSORIES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
A. Ductwork and accessories for HVAC including the following:
1. Supply air, return air, outside air, exhaust, and relief systems.
2. Corrosion resistant exhaust systems including the following:
a. Wet air exhaust for cage washer, cart washer, dishwasher, scullery hoods, orthotics hoods, steam sterilizers, ETO sterilizers.
b. Lab hoods and ducts and accessories connected to hood exhaust system, kitchen range hood.
3. Exhaust duct with HEPA filters for Autopsy Suite Negative Pressure Isolation Room Positive Pressure Isolation Room.
1. SMACNA Standards as used in this specification means the HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible.
2. Seal or Sealing: Use of liquid or mastic sealant, with or without compatible tape overlay, or gasketing of flanged joints, to keep air leakage at duct joints, seams and connections to an acceptable minimum.
3. Duct Pressure Classification: SMACNA HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible.
4. Exposed Duct: Exposed to view in a finished room, exposed to weather.
|Organization:||U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
|Document Number:||fed h-08-1 sec 15840|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|