Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-51: Particular requirements for stationary circulation pumps for heating and service water installations
|Publication Date:||1 July 2008|
|ICS Code (Pumps):||23.080|
|ICS Code (Central heating systems):||91.140.10|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric stationary circulation pumps intended for use in heating systems or in service water systems, having a rated power input not exceeding 300 W, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 The hydraulic and electrical parts of the pump may be in the same enclosure, so that the water flows through the motor and serves as a coolant, or they may be separated.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- pumps for circulating liquids other than water;
- pumps, other than circulation pumps (IEC 60335-2-41);
- circulation pumps intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- circulation pumps intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour, or gas).