ETSI - EN 300 744
Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television
|Publication Date:||1 September 2008|
The present document describes a baseline transmission system for digital terrestrial TeleVision (TV) broadcasting. It specifies the channel coding/modulation system intended for digital multi-programme LDTV/SDTV/EDTV/HDTV terrestrial services.
The scope is as follows:
- it gives a general description of the Baseline System for digital terrestrial TV;
- it identifies the global performance requirements and features of the Baseline System, in order to meet the service quality targets;
- it specifies the digitally modulated signal in order to allow compatibility between pieces of equipment developed by different manufacturers. This is achieved by describing in detail the signal processing at the modulator side, while the processing at the receiver side is left open to different implementation solutions. However, it is necessary in this text to refer to certain aspects of reception.
In order to address Handheld terminals (DVB-H) in annexes are provided:
- an additional 4K Mode offering supplementary options for network planning (annex F);
- an optional in-depth inner interleaver, to mitigate the effects of the high level of man-made noise affecting the reception of DVB-H services (annex F);
- an extension of the Transmission Parameter Signalling (TPS) information for signalling DVB-H Services (annex F);
- the transmission parameters to operate the transmission system in 5 MHz channel bandwidth, even outside of the traditional broadcasting bands (annex G).