Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-5: Particular requirements for dishwashers
|Publication Date:||1 September 2008|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Dishwashers):||97.040.40|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric dishwashers for household use that are intended for washing and rinsing dishes, cutlery and other utensils, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- commercial electric dishwashing machines (IEC 60335-2-58);
- appliances intended for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).