Standard: API 29-33105
ACUTE TOXICITY TEST PARAFFINICNIC OIL SAMPLE 78-10 NOMINAL VISCOSITY 150 SUS/100 DEGREES F
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The test material, API 78-10, Paraffinic Oil (150SUS/100°F), was tested for potential acute toxicity using a battery of six tests: Primary Dermal Irritation, Primary Eye Irritation, Acute Dermal Toxicity, Acute Oral Toxicity, Skin Sensitization, and Subacute Dermal Toxicity. Materials, methods, and results of individual tests are presented in this report.
The test material produced no eye irritation and only minimal irritation for primary skin effects. Both the acute dermal LD50 and the acute oral LD50 were established greater than 5 g/kg. Based on histopathologic findings of the subacute dermal study, the test material produced very slight dermal irritation and inflammation compared with control animals. Results of the skin sensitization study indicated that API 78-10 is non-sensitizing.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 29-33105|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|