UNLIMITED FREE ACCESS TO THE WORLD'S BEST IDEAS

close
Already an Engineering360 user? Log in.

This is embarrasing...

An error occurred while processing the form. Please try again in a few minutes.

Customize Your Engineering360 Experience

close
Privacy Policy

This is embarrasing...

An error occurred while processing the form. Please try again in a few minutes.

ASTM D1593

Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Film and Sheeting

inactive
Buy Now
Organization: ASTM
Publication Date: 1 February 2009
Status: inactive
Page Count: 5
ICS Code (Films and sheets): 83.140.10
scope:

This specification covers nonrigid, unsupported vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % may include one or more monomers copolymerized with vinyl chloride, or consist of other resins mechanically blended together with poly(vinyl chloride) or copolymers thereof.

The vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting covered herein shall be 0.075 to 0.25 mm (3 to 10 mils) in thickness for film and greater than 0.25 mm in thickness for sheet. The film and sheeting shall include the stabilizers and plasticizers necessary to meet the requirements of this specification. The material may be transparent, translucent, or opaque, and may be plain, printed, embossed, or otherwise surface treated.

The values stated in SI units are to be regarded as the standard.

The following safety hazards caveat pertains only to the test methods portion, Section 10, of this specification: This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.

NOTE 1-There is no ISO equivalent for this specification.

*A Summary of Changes section appears at the end of this standard.

Document History

November 1, 2019
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Film and Sheeting
This specification covers nonrigid, unsupported vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % can...
ASTM D1593
February 1, 2009
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Film and Sheeting
This specification covers nonrigid, unsupported vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % may...
February 1, 2009
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Film and Sheeting
This specification covers nonrigid, unsupported vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The remaining 10 % can...
April 10, 1999
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Film and Sheeting
1. Scope * 1.1 This specification covers nonrigid, unsupported vinyl chloride plastic film and sheeting in which the resin portion of the composition contains at least 90 % vinyl chloride. The...
February 15, 1992
Standard Specification for Nonrigid Vinyl Chloride Plastic Sheeting
A description is not available for this item.
November 24, 1989
STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR NONRIGID VINYL CHLORIDE PLASTIC SHEETING
A description is not available for this item.
June 26, 1981
STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR NONRIGID VINYL CHLORIDE PLASTIC SHEETING (R 1988) (E1-1988)
A description is not available for this item.

References

Advertisement