CORRIGENDUM 1 Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2–6: Particular requirements for stationary cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 February 2009|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of stationary electric cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and similar appliances for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- induction hobs;
- pyrolytic self-cleaning ovens;
- steam ovens.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended for commercial catering;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- grills, toasters and similar portable cooking appliances (IEC 60335-2-9);
- microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-25).