Agricultural machinery — Safety — Part 6: Sprayers and liquid fertilizer distributors
|Publication Date:||15 September 2009|
|ICS Code (Plant care equipment):||65.060.40|
This part of ISO 4254, to be used together with ISO 4254-1, specifies the safety requirements and their verification for the design and construction of mounted, semi-mounted, trailed and self-propelled agricultural sprayers for use with pesticide products and liquid fertilizer application, designed for use by one operator only. In addition, it specifies the type of information on safe working practices (including residual risks) to be provided by the manufacturer.
This part of ISO 4254 is not applicable to:
- knapsack sprayers;
- aerial sprayers;
- handheld spraying devices (e.g. spray guns).
When requirements of this part of ISO 4254 are different from those which are stated in ISO 4254-1, the requirements of this part of ISO 4254 take precedence over the requirements of ISO 4254-1 for machines that have been designed and built according the provisions of this part of ISO 4254.
This part of ISO 4254, taken together with ISO 4254-1, deals with all the significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to sprayers and liquid fertilizer distributors when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer (see Clause 4), excepting the hazards arising from:
- automatically actuated height adjustment systems;
- electrostatic phenomena;
- electromagnetic compatibility;
- the environment, other than noise;
- inhalation of spraying chemical products due to a lack of effective methods to maintain breathing air quality inside the cab;
- roll-over and tip-over of self-propelled machines with a ride-on driver;
- vibration (except the declaration);
- dust emission;
- moving parts for power transmission except strength requirements for guards and barriers;
- safety and reliability of control systems;
- travelling function of self-propelled machines.
NOTE ISO 14982 specifies test methods and acceptance criteria for evaluating the electromagnetic compatibility of all kind of mobile agricultural machinery.
This part of ISO 4254 is not applicable to sprayers and liquid fertilizer distributors which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by ISO.