API/EI MPMS 19.5
Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards Chapter 19.5 - EI Hydrocarbon Management HM 65 Atmospheric hydrocarbon emissions from marine vessel transfer operations
|Publication Date:||1 September 2009|
This standard provides methods for estimating evaporative loss from marine vessel transfer operations. Specifically, this standard addresses:
1) loading stock into:
a) ship or ocean barges, or
b) shallow draft barges, and
2) loading ballast water into ship or ocean barges from which crude oil has been unloaded.
The emission estimates are for uncontrolled loading operations and do not apply to operations using vapor balance or vapor control systems or ballasting of ships with segregated ballast tanks.
This standard does not address evaporative loss for:
1) very large crude carriers (VLCCs) or ultra large crude carriers (ULCCs) (unless the saturation factor KS is determined);
2) marine vessels employing crude oil washing (see 3.3.1);
3) marine vessel transit loss;
4) loading ballast water into marine vessels that, prior to dockside unloading, held anything other than crude oil (unless the saturation factor KS is determined); or
5) unloading marine vessels.
This standard supersedes API 2514A, Second Edition, September 1981, which is withdrawn.