Performance monitoring points for IPTV
|Publication Date:||1 October 2008|
This Recommendation defines performance monitoring points which will allow the service provider/network operator to monitor the performance of the complete IPTV service delivery to the end-user.
Successful deployment of IPTV services requires performance monitoring at the customer premises (e.g., set-top-box), key aggregation points (e.g., DSL access multiplexer (DSLAM)) or cable modem termination system (CMTS) and at interconnect points between disparate network domains and service provider domain boundaries. Performance monitoring can help in:
• Finding errors in an end-to-end system (system debugging).
• Checking the resource utilization and the workload of system components.
• Comparing values (metrics) regarding performance of different system deployments.
• Providing a base for modelling the system.
• Identifying system bottlenecks.
• Optimizing IPTV network deployment.
• Ensuring that system performance does not degrade with time.
The goal of performance monitoring is to provide end-users of IPTV services with a high user experience by identifying, localizing and quantifying service and network issues.