Information technology – Fibre channel – Part 321: Audio video (FC-AV)
|Publication Date:||1 November 2009|
|ICS Code (Interface and interconnection equipment):||35.200|
This part of ISO/IEC 14165-321 specifies the transport of digital Audio and Video formats over Fibre Channel.
Specifications are included for:
- a coherent framework (i.e., an FC-AV Container and Objects) for mapping current and future digital Audio and Video formats to Fibre Channel;
- mapping the formats defined by the ITU-R BT-601 and SMPTE family of standards to Fibre Channel;
- mapping the formats defined by the ISO/IEC 3818 family of standards (which include MPEG and related compression systems) to Fibre Channel;
- a profile (i.e., Simple Parametric Digital Video) that parametrically defines the characteristics of Audio and Video information for specific applications; and,
- data packing guidelines recommended for AV data within the Fibre Channel transmission words.